We love to hit up the nearest coffee shop just like everyone else. But, when it’s really cold outside, or when we’re too lazy to get out the door… we make our own concoction at home.
Here is how we do it super fast and easy:
1. Get out the supplies you’ll need (instant coffee, boiling water, mug, spoon, packet of hot cocoa, and milk if you’d like).
2. Put 1-2 tablespoons instant coffee into a mug (depending on how strong you like the flavor) and pour a few drops of boiling water so you get the coffee to dissolve.
3. Add instant hot cocoa packet with the coffee mixture.
4. Stir the mixture together until it’s almost the consistency of frosting and then slowly add more boiling water unit it’s no longer thick.
5. Top it with warmed up milk or in our lazy case… we just put it in cold. For extra richness, try some heavy cream.
6. Mix it one last time.. and then find a comfy spot to savor it!
BONUS TIP: Skip those sugar filled syrups and use a drop or two of almond flavoring, vanilla, peppermint etc. in your mug and now it’s an almond mocha or peppermint mocha.. yum!
Isn’t it great to save at least $6.00 on a drink? Enjoy!